At Homecure we have been regularly updating our working practices in line with health and safety advice provided by the Government. For customers who are self-isolating and in need of emergency plumbing and heating services we want to assure you that we are doing everything possible to minimise the risk of the spreading the coronavirus while we carry out our tasks.
All members of our team currently working will be following the infection control measures laid out by the World Health Organisation:
- Regular washing of hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Covering of mouth and nose with tissue if coughing or sneezing before disposing into waste and washing hands again. Alternatively, using the crook of the elbow for protection rather than hands.
- No touching of the face unless hands are clean.
- Avoid contact with others who have symptoms of COVID-19 (regular cough/high temperature).
When our team members are visiting customer’s properties, they will use alcohol-based hand sanitiser (60% minimum) to clean their hands before and after the job has been completed. They will also have access to personal protective equipment (PPE) that can be used:
- At the request of the individual customer.
- If the person at the property has COVID-19 symptoms.
- For customers in the ‘vulnerable’ group – aged 70-years-old or over, or with underlying
Homecure remain available to provide emergency services for your home during the current pandemic. If you wish to book an appointment with our team and a member of the household is currently in isolation, has symptoms, or has been diagnosed with COVID, we ask that you inform us before our arrival so we can prepare accordingly.
As the situation continues to change we will update our health and safety protocols to ensure our customers and team remain safe at all times.